Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Possibilities are Endless

Do you ever think about just leaving everything behind and moving to a new place fun and exciting and trying to start over? Crazy for such a control freak kind of girl to think  like this...but just some thoughts on this Tuesday.

Truth is I have been thinking about this sooo much lately. My husband is still in school so this would be something that would take place in a couple of years, but part of me so badly would LOVE to move to a new place, with new faces, new streets, new jobs, new hobbies, and new experiences with the one person who is my comfortable. The other part of me worries about the struggles of a new place, new streets, new jobs, new hobbies and new experiences. Plus the fact that I am incredibly close to my family and most importantly my best friend/sister.

Andrew and I have had so many talks about moving lately. We feel for him to get the best possible career--we need to be open to whatever job comes to him and willing to take a leap. I think about all the possibilities of establishing ourselves in a new environment and the thought of possibly having an amazing job that I could have never found if I didn’t broaden my horizons and move somewhere completely out of my comfort zone.

Let me tell you about this comfort zone I have created for myself. I have lived in the same town since birth, the farthest I have ever traveled is Florida, I have worked for the same company since high school (moving up of course since graduating college), I have lived no more than 15 mins from my parents and siblings, and my family does everything together. I am not at all saying that I didn’t have the absolute best childhood (because I did!), but I think it’s about time for the little girl from the North East to move on.
The thoughts of this are actually kind of refreshing and scary all at the same time.

Did you ever think about taking such a leap of faith? Did you actually do it?

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment