Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Fall down 7 times, Get up 8"

I know this is the time of year to give “thanks” for everything we have and I am very thankful for so many things, but right now I am just having a hard time being truly thankful and I know I should be. This is such a hard thing for me to admit, but I feel like I am not doing everything I can to be a good wife and life partner to my husband.

My husband is working full time and going to school full time and I am not giving him enough credit for his hard work. He broke down to me and told me that he feels like I am always checking up on him and nagging him to make sure he is getting everything finished for school and at home. It is so hard for me to admit when I am wrong for something, but I find myself pushing him more and more and the man is burned out.

I found it hard to sleep last night thinking about all the things I am doing wrong as a wife and a best friend. I found myself crying uncontrollably at the thought of not understanding my husbands feeling. I found myself lost in thought wondering what I can do to help make this easier for him and I found that I am the only one who can control my actions to make our relationship stronger.

Our baby will arrive in 5 short months and I want us to be prepared as best we can for the upcoming joys and trials of being parents and still managing to be a strong couple who can take on anything.
We have been through so much in the last couple of years and it has been far from easy….I hope that one day we will look back and think about how much love we had for one another to get through all of this “stuff” in our lives and how much we have grown from everything we have been through.

I hope and pray that I can be a better wife, best friend, partner, and mother.
I know I will fall, get up, fall again…but I hope in the end I always get up.

No comments:

Post a Comment